The house siding and painting is complete. The job was scheduled for two weeks
and it took four.
A few days of rain along with a few days of high winds, only added to the time.
A few changes were made along the way too, but finally the job was done!!!
It started with removing the old cedar shingles.
Proper supervision is a must if you want it done right.
It's a little hard to see, but the shingles start to split and curl after
time and can only be painted and stained so many times.
Several spaces were painted with tester paint just in case you
I tested the stucco and the shingles, and different parts
of the house depending on the light exposure.
Now that I made it through this, I can start thinking of the back patio.
Staying present, I can can focus on some basic landscaping
for now. I'll be taking a break during the summer before I start the
I do have a few projects inside that are small, but important.
So I'll be concentrating on that during the summer.
It feels so good to see the old shingles gone, and a fresh coat of paint.
I added the urns and white hydrangeas.
Once the fence gets replaced, and landscaping gets done, it will look like a different home.
I'm adding a hedge, and a green trellis growing up the chimney.
A white arbor will be placed directly across the chimney, with decomposed granite
as the the hardscape. I plan on having a blue stone step out the doorway.
Fresh flowers always look good!
Thanks for stopping and seeing the progress,