Sunday, May 19, 2013

Getting it done...

May 19, 2013

I've put it off for to long. Now it's time to get it done.

I enjoy working in the yard, but I have a few projects that I just need
to finish up. One of them is filling in the planter box with
soil so I can plant more vegetables.
Here's the before:

I got half way done and stopped. It was a lot
of work planting the boxwoods. So I stopped,
and took a break. It will look better when the boxwoods
fill in. I can't wait!

I planted squash and cucumbers on this side. The other
half is tomatoes and bell peppers.

Seeing that we're in the yard I thought I would
share a solution to a common problem
that a lot of us have.
Right smack in the middle of the patio is where
the rain bird box and electrical are. I've tried to put
plants to hide it. It's always bothered me. So one day...

... this ugly sight was covered. I used brackets in the
wall, cut out left over stone for $75.00, and had a skirt made
to cover it all up. It now has many functions. I use it
as a drink station, food server, and best of all a TV holder
with the wireless remote. The skirt was made using a sunbrella
close out at $4.00 a yard, along with some pillows.

It's taken a while for this yard to emerge from the mess that
it was. And I've got more work to do.

For now,

I will be grateful for what I have!

And so will she!

Wishing everyone a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment